Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Loss

As some of you may know, my husband Scott and I suffered a terrible tragedy earlier this year. Our daughter Johannah Faith passed away at 41 weeks due to still birth. Every day has its struggles, but in many ways Art is a such an amazing outlet. If you've ever suffered a great loss, you know that sometimes talking about it isn't helpful.
        There is something so beautiful in finding creativity in the midst of grief. I think pain can be channeled into colors, paint, lines, and shapes that are so gripping. It's a relief to not always have to come up with words for how you're feeling because we're built by God to be much more intricate than words. Faith can be confusing in the midst of sadness and loss. But, we know that God doesn't waste a hurt, and that he doesn't make false promises.
        The colors and lines that I'm loving right now are elegant, and soft like little Johannah. Pastel pink, lilac, periwinkle blue, and soft white remind me of her. Beautiful lines with elegant shapes like Willow branches, Oak trees, and floral vines. Every piece of glass I make has a story behind it, and I love sharing that with you. There's a lot of love, and beauty in these pieces, just like Johannah.
        I pray if you're going through a loss of a loved one, that you can find peace and rest in God's promises. We're all in life together, and fellowship is such a wonderful blessing. If you're going through a loss, I'd be happy to talk. Please feel free to email me at willowcreekglassnh@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment